Monday, September 11, 2006

Day Two Monday the 11th

Well today dwarfed the last, there was no trekking around airports and train stations burdened with luggage, just amazing sights and smells but mostly the best food I've ever eaten. We had a late morning which meant that we missed breakfast, which doesn't matter much because Italians don't really "do" breakfast. We walked down the street a bit to a restaurant serving lunch.
Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com
We tried really hard to read the menu but failed, I just took a wild guess and picked something at random whereas my Dad just chose the one thing he recognized (spaghetti). The spaghetti was good but what I got I think was much better, a plate of this spiced lunch type meat served with Parmesan and tomatoes. The meat was very thick and probably chicken or turkey and incredibly delicious just for being well what we thought looked like "lunch meat."


After lunch we decided to try and find the first design school I was to apply to (IED). We found after a bit of searching some directions online and headed out. Navigating the streets of Torino is difficult because many of the streets don't run in straight lines but also because we had no clue how to read addresses in Italy. It took about twice as long as it should have but we found it, they were happy to talk to me that day so I ran back to the hotel and grabbed my laptop so that I could show them my portfolio. Issabella the school corordinator said that I could if I liked get into their photo or drawing courses instead of car design but that I couldn't do two at the same time (unfortunately), but everything sounded very positive and I'm hoping that I'll get a email or call saying that I'm in. Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com
But there is another school, one that we're checking out today actually I hope its just as good as the first one we visited maybe better.

Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com

But as for the evening, we wandered the streets for a few hours looking at statues and monuments and all the while looking for the second school. We found it, it took us until about 10pm but we did. We then realized that we hadn't eaten dinner yet, so the search for a restaurant that was open after ten was on. We had to search far and wide for one, as most of them started closing at around 9. Everywhere we went we found them clearing tables and packing it in, that is until we came across "Le Petit Hotel" which still at about 11:30pm was full of people and showed no signs of closing.
Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com Free Image Hosting - www.supload.com
We sat down and had an amazing meal, Linguini with seafood. There was prawns, shrimp, clams, squid, and octopus all heaped on the best tasting pasta Iv'e ever had, along with some extremely cheap and really good white wine. After the pasta we got two slices of tiramisu like Iv'e never had before with cappacinos that were also amazing. We finished up there at about 1:30am and made it back to the hotel to be in bed by about 2am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heyy!! its rachelle. italy seems amazing!!!!!! you're sooooo lucky to be there!!! well, i'll see you later!
-rachelle-

Anonymous said...

More photos you in Italy! Excellent composition and use of lighting. But prove that you're really there by having someone take a photo of you. See you back in Vancouver soon...
M

Anonymous said...

Heyyy!!! Kara here. I love your blog so far. Its amazing! The way you take your photos is awesome and I feel as if im there as I read your description of the day. Consider yourself extremly fortunate to have this oppertunity. Have an awesome trip and I'll see you when you get back. :D ~Kara~

Follow naffidy on Twitter Writing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux